Refund and Returns Policy
Yes, we definitely allow for refunds and exchanges. We understand that things change rapidly and there are so many reasons why you’d need to exchange or request a refund for an item.
Refunds / Returns
To be eligible for a refund:
- the purchase must be returned (collected by our couriers)
- the item must be unused and in the same (excellent) condition that you received it
- the item must also be in the original packaging
- you agree to pay collection costs which are standard delivery fees, paid directly to the courier
- your order has not yet been dispatched from the store
Several types of items are exempt from being returned:
- Perishable items such as foods cannot be returned
- Products that are intimate or sanitary
- Discounted, conditional or (some) sale items.
Additional non-refundable items:
- Gift cards
- Some health and personal care items
- Some products are marked as Non-refundable before adding to cart
- Delivery and collection fees
IMPORTANT: Courier fees are paid to an independent service. As your items were delivered to you, or collected from you, these services were carried out without fault. As such, these services will continue to be paid for and are not monies paid to mybamboohealth.com.
When your refund is processed, the cost of delivery (return or otherwise) may be deducted from the return value (if not paid for separately).
There are certain situations where only partial refunds are granted:
- Books or items with obvious signs of use
- Any item not in its original condition, or is damaged or missing parts for reasons not due to our error.
- Any item seeking to be returned more than 21 days after delivery (should be emailed to us directly stating your request to return)
Cancelling your Pre-Order
Cancelling your pre-order is quite easy, and is also a-no-questions-asked process! You can cancel your pre-order in the following circumstances:
- Your pre-order has not yet been released
- Your pre-order has not been packaged nor dispatched to you
To cancel your pre-order, go to My Account – Pre Order Details, and select ‘cancel’.
If you’ve already paid up front, you will be refunded for your order.
What happens next?
We will contact you to provide a full refund in the value of your order (including delivery fees).
If your pre-order has already been dispatched to you for delivery, we suggest you follow the steps below for Returning your items (method and fees).
Returning your item (method and fees)
You can pay for the collection fee in one of two ways:
- (1) Pay the Collection Fee separately or
- (2) Opt for a refund less ‘delivery and collection fees’ using ‘Ask for a refund’ under My Account
Follow the steps below to submit your request for a refund.
- Enter the number of items you are requesting for a refund
- If you are requesting for ONE item, enter the number 1
- Share your reason; it can be as brief as you like
- Tap on “submit”.
We will respond by email; you can review the status and history of your request under My Account – My Refund Requests.
Handling fee for return packages, such as a restocking or damage fee. After receiving the item, if there are damages or otherwise any cause that the item shows wear and or tear, there may also be (in some instances) a nominal management fee for returned items.
In all instances, mybamboohealth.com will continue in open, honest and transparent dialogue with you to resolve all queries amicably.
mybamboohealth.com will refund the value of the items returned less handling and delivery fees. In some instances, such as with the Covid-19 restrictions or with personal items, a return may not be possible.
Item collected and returned to mybamboohealth.com: what to expect next?
Once your return is received and inspected, we will notify you (by email) that we have received your returned item, and provide you with a status of your request (either a refund or exchange).
All statuses on your request can be reviewed in My Account.
A refund request can be rejected if:
- collection fee (for the couriers) are not paid for in advance
- items returned are damaged and cannot be resold (even with a discount)
- number of days since item was delivered exceeds 21 days
We offer the following options for a refund:
- Direct credit to your bank account (less return collection and or delivery fees)
- Store credit for a future purchase (which is non-transferrable)
We offer the following options for an exchange:
- Store credit; allowing you to shop for ANY item as an exchange in the value of your credit
- Dispatch the swapped item via courier (once available). You can pay the additional return delivery fee using any of our Pay on Delivery payment method.
Late or missing refunds (to your bank account)
All bank account deposits for refunds are processed on Mondays (only), using Online Banking. Some banks vary in their processing time. If you haven’t received your refund in your bank account yet, ensure sufficient time has passed and first check your bank account again.
Next contact your bank to query a deposit in the value of your refund. There is often some processing time before funds are posted between banks (for online banking).
Details to share when querying your refund (if you’re using a new email thread):
- Your name
- Your order number
- The refund value
Returning / Refunding Gifts or Gift Cards (as the recipient)!
We recommend you liaise with the gift-giver directly. All refunds are processed using the buyer details on the order (primarily). This is to ensure we are managing the privacy of all our customers.
Return Due To Change Of Mind
mybamboohealth.com will happily accept returns due to change of mind as long as a request to return is received by us within 5 days of receipt of item and is returned to us in original packaging, unused and in resellable condition.
Your item may have already been packaged and would have left the store; however log into My Account, and request a refund. You will be notified / advised / reminded about the status of your delivery.
If your package has already left the store (dispatched with our Couriers), please reject the package instead of accepting the delivery. Simply advise the courier to “please return to store“.
Next, log into My Account, and tap ‘Ask for a refund’ for the item(s) ordered.
If you checked out with a Guest Account, please reply to your order confirmation email, requesting a refund.
mybamboohealth.com will happily honor any valid warranty claims (for products where Warranty is expressly provided and purchased), provided a claim is submitted (by email) within 90 days of receipt of items (where warranty applies).
Customers will be required to pre-pay the return delivery or collection fee, however we will reimburse you upon successful warranty claim.
Upon return receipt of items for warranty claim, you can expect mybamboohealth.com to process your warranty claim within 7 days.
Once warranty claim is confirmed, you can decide whether to receive:
(a) refund to your bank account
(b) a refund in store credit
(c) a replacement item sent to you (if stock is available)
Please Contact us if you have any additional questions related to refunds and returns of our products.